Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Absolute Brightness by James Lacesne

Disclaimer: I get all my books from the library.

Today's book is Absolute Brightness by James Lacesne.



I hate to be critical of this book because I think it had an absolutely important message: that of not judging others, of being compassionate, of learning how to love.

But the book was a rambler. I honestly read the first 100 pages, skipped the middle 300, and read the last 30. I wanted to get into the story. I skimmed enough to figure it out: Leonard, the weird and gay cousin, comes to stay with the broken family. Leonard's outlook on life is unusually positive, and he helps those around him see the good things about themselves and their lives. However, because of his obvious gayness, he is murdered by a fellow classmate.

Exactly how all this happened, I don't know. Like I said, I skimmed. Maybe I have a short attention span. I WANTED to read this book. But I didn't have the patience. Maybe you'll have better luck. Give it a shot and see what you think.

This book gets a C.

A = Buy this book NOW
B = Buy this when you can
C = Check it out from the library
D = Don't bother reading it
F = Burn it

No comments:

Post a Comment